Re: Full-screen editor in /bin

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 06:06:16AM +0800, csj wrote:
> > It seems that my lightweight editor of choice, ae (Anthony's Editor), is
> > no longer packaged for testing/unstable. Are there any other full-screen
> > editors, preferably actively maintained and with emacs-like key
> > bindings, that install in /bin?
>
> ln -s /usr/bin/emacs /bin/emacs ?

:)  OK, I've fired up emacs on a couple of occasions and found it
completely unintuitive and so returned to nano (before that pico) for
simple text editing (and coding).  vi and its variants are just perverse
in their obscurity (IMO).  So, if it's not too OT for this list, can
people give me persuasive reasons to use emacs for the basically simple
coding and editing I do?  (If it is too OT or it's happened before, just
send me a link to the previous threads, or tell me to look for it myself
:)

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman