Re: Desktop sessions dying with time

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 12:32:47PM -0700, ben wrote:

> are you inadvertently running idled, by any chance? try 'ps aux | grep idled'

Nope, that was actually part of what I was wondering, i.e., "If there were
a process doing this on purpose, what might it be called?"

idled not running, not present on the system.

So that suggests a bug-or-something which is crashing their session when
the user isn't doing anything.  Oh how I love trouble reports like that.
Time to request more info from the users, at least that might keep them
quiet for a day or two... ;)

Thanks,
-mrj

--
# Michael Jinks, IB # JFI/MRSEC/EFI Computing # University of Chicago #
      Reader!  Think not that