Re: Desktop sessions dying with time

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 11:32:01AM -0700, ben wrote:
> are you sure that the session crash is related to idling, or is that
> assumption based on the fact that, when it happened, the user wasn't there?

The latter; sorry of that wasn't clear.  I'm certainly not sure it's an
idle timeout issue.  The users report that the logout only happens when
a session has been left alone for several minutes, but of course the
causes for that could be endless.

> check /var/log/kern.log for process errors.

Nothing obvious; I was playing with sound modules on that machine
earlier and there's lots of traffic in that file from that, but nothing
else that I can see.  Certainly nothing dated before my sound module
explorations started.

--
# Michael Jinks, IB # JFI/MRSEC/EFI Computing # University of Chicago #
      Reader!  Think not that