Re: Mozilla wrapping issue

Gary Turner wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:11:03 -0400, David P James wrote:

I use Mozilla 1.0rc3 as my mailer and I seem to have no end of trouble getting it to wrap properly. I have it set at 72 yet it just types away to the edge of the composition window, as this one is doing (the edge was between "it" and "just" in the first line, between "the" and "first" in the second). I can "rewrap" the message under Options and usually do but this really shouldn't be necessary when the preferences are set to do it by default. This has been a problem for some time and for several versions.

You don't say whether you rewrapped before sending this message.  The
post did arrive here nicely wrapped.  Perhaps as Noah suggests, wrapping
occurs as it is sent rather than as it is written.

It was sent without being rewrapped (as is this one). I think Noah is correct that it is wrapped when sent.

OK, just fired up Mozilla and sent myself a test message.  The message
wrapped as I wrote, and was wrapped when received.  The thought occurs
to me that maybe you compose in HTML, then send in text.

No I compose in plain text. It's just very strange that when I read my Mozilla-sent mail in something other than Mozilla it turns out fine but when I read the same Mozilla-sent mail in Mozilla it is displayed as unwrapped, unless I deliberately rewrap it in which case it does display as wrapped.

Did you read the message in Mozilla or in something else? Next I'm going to have to try reading it with a Windows version and see how it looks.

--
David P. James
Ottawa, Ontario

The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek IV