Re: Mozilla wrapping issue

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:11:03 -0400, David P James wrote:

>I use Mozilla 1.0rc3 as my mailer and I seem to have no end of trouble
>getting it to wrap properly. I have it set at 72 yet it just types away
>to the edge of the composition window, as this one is doing (the edge
>was between "it" and "just" in the first line, between "the" and "first"
>in the second). I can "rewrap" the message under Options and usually do
>but this really shouldn't be necessary when the preferences are set to
>do it by default. This has been a problem for some time and for several
>versions.

You don't say whether you rewrapped before sending this message.  The
post did arrive here nicely wrapped.  Perhaps as Noah suggests, wrapping
occurs as it is sent rather than as it is written.

OK, just fired up Mozilla and sent myself a test message.  The message
wrapped as I wrote, and was wrapped when received.  The thought occurs
to me that maybe you compose in HTML, then send in text.
--
gt                  kk5st@swbell.net
 If someone tells you---