Re: Floppy time...

Em Seg, 2002-07-29 às 19:44, Chris Kenrick escreveu:
> > www.aurema.com
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 12:43:24PM -0500, Flood, Richard wrote:
> > I am in the process of installing Debian on a laptop using only floppy
> > disks.  I went ahead and installed the base system with floppies and then
> > realized that these floppy images expected me to have a CD-ROM or something
> > to install from dpkg.  Any guidance on where I can find the other floppy
> > images for the distribution?  I realize I will probably have to buy
> > floppies, but I can't really buy a CD-ROM for this laptop at this time.
> >
> > I downloaded some .deb files to my Win98 desktop thinking I might be able to
> > rawrite them onto floppies and at least get gcc and make on the laptop, but
> > I cannot read them into the Linux system from floppy.
> >
> > Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Cheapest thing to do: a NIC on both machines
here this would cost you some $20 for the laptop (PCMCIA typeI),
$8 for the desktop (RTL8139)
and a switched ethernet cable .50cts

This way you can get your files directly from the internet (supposing a
Win98SR2 box) by enabling the local LAN feature.

Michel.