last resort nvidia

well i found that i was supposed to have my kernel headers so instead of
2.4.18 i got the 2.4.18-bf2.4 version, and i looked for the kernel source
but alas, all i could find was 2.4.18, is it compatible? if it is then im
not sure whats wrong, the blasted thing gives me that error and nvidia
claims thats the error when i compile against the wrong source. iv sucked
dry all the docs i know of or could find, any help? i tried that trick
that was posted earlyer that lets ya do it without kernel source, said it
was missing a file called by nv.o