Re: Suggested way of troubleshooting installed packages...(Mailman)

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 18:36:14 -0400
Eric D Nielsen <nielsene@MIT.EDU> wrote:

> I'm new to Debian have recently converted from RH.  Most of my
> installation has gone very smoothly and only now as I'm trying out new
> things and I running into difficulties.  While using RH, I avoided RPM's
> and compiled everything from source.  Now I'm trying to use Debian
> packages and when problems arise I'm not sure what to do.  Google
> searches, mailing-list archives and tool homepages don't seem to have
> the information I'm looking for.  I've always tried to avoid sending to
> mailing lists as typically an answer is out there, somewhere.  So far
> I've struck out on my queries.  Where does a Debian user turn to for
> help?

This is the place (isn't that a tag line for something?)

> I tried a search for bugs on the Debian bugtracker for Mailman; it came
> up empty.  The Mailman project site (not Debian specific) had no
> information regarding Debian (and its mailing list archive server wasn't
> resolving for me this afternoon).
>
> Where should I have been looking?

Have you tried the /usr/share/doc directories?  They usuually contain
helpful information on how to configure the package in question.
Personally, I've never used Mailman, so I have much else to offer.

--
Jamin W. Collins