Re: [DEB-USER] todo list manager sought

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 02:47:59AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:

> folks, looked through the archive and freshmeat, but couldn't find
> anything, so i have to fall back on you... i am looking for a todo
> list manager without gnome or kde dependencies (i s'pose gtk, python,
> or others are acceptable) that'll just sit embedded within the root
> window of my minimalistic window manager and it's useful features
> being continuously accessible from there. any pointers?

Someone else mentioned tdl, which I consider too cumbersome. It only has
a command line interface.

I use hnb (hierarchical notebook). It is a full screen curses app that
allows you to nest tasks (or data or whatever). Very simple one-key
interface. Really, it's an outliner, but you can make checkboxes next to
tasks, if you use it as a task manager. It will also tell you (based on
the number of "children" tasks completed) the percentage of a task is
completed.

Woody (python app) is similar, but much slower, and I don't like the
interface as well.

HTH,

Paul