Re: 2.4 Woody

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 02:29:38PM -0500, debianlists@thewolfden.org wrote:
> My understanding is that Woody is/can be a 2.4 kernel.  All the floppy
> installs I've tried
> under  /debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/<flavor>
> report, upon bootup of the rescue.bin, "This disk uses the Linux kernel
> 2.2.20-<flavor>".

Did you try the bf2.4 images?

> Will this eventually cause a 2.4 kernel to be installed, or will I need to
> take extra steps (select a 2.4 kernel binary from the packages and/or get
> and rebuild my own kernel) once some flavor of linux has been
> installed?  And if so, could someone clarify those steps, please.

I think the kernel that was used to boot the install system, will be
the one installed.

It's a couple of months since I booted a floppy. On the Woody iso
you can access a screen with kernel and boot options by pressing one
of the pf-keys. Maybe you can do the same with the floppy.

Bob