2.4 Woody

My understanding is that Woody is/can be a 2.4 kernel. All the floppy installs I've tried under /debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/<flavor> report, upon bootup of the rescue.bin, "This disk uses the Linux kernel 2.2.20-<flavor>".

Will this eventually cause a 2.4 kernel to be installed, or will I need to take extra steps (select a 2.4 kernel binary from the packages and/or get and rebuild my own kernel) once some flavor of linux has been installed? And if so, could someone clarify those steps, please.

I thought I'd ask before wasting time installing the wrong thing.