Re: samba/cups printing stopped working with recent unstable update

Heitzso wrote:
> I've spent almost 4 hours fighting this.  My setup:
>
> i386, debian unstable, current samba unstable
>
> printing locally (from linux) via CUPS works, so printer setup is OK
> I can browse file shares and see the printer from my NT box I can
> "Add Printer" fine as a network printer /var/log/samba/* shows user
> authenticating in fine and no errors
>
> I had this working great for almost 2 years (although as a non-cups
> printer, i.e. I specified the print command), following smb.conf is
> what I'm working with now while trying to get running and is what's
> recommended by current doc).

I would suspect that were you to attempt to print to your printer from
another linux box it would fail as well. The default cups configuration
in Debian seems to be to prevent remote connections. There's a bunch of
network-type options that have to be changed in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.

--
David P. James
Ottawa, Ontario

The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek IV