Re: SunLeo Driver, Sparc20, Turbo ZX Framebuffer, Depth, and XFree86

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
madmac madmac <madmac134@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a Sun Sparc20 with a Sun Turbo ZX framebuffer
> that is now running Debian 3.0 r0.
>
> I ran tasksel and selected the X Windows option.  It
> appeared to install XFree86 4.1.0.1 just fine.
>
> In responding to the various configuration questions, the
> defaults were all fine.  I picked 1024 x 768 at 60hz and
> 24 bit pixel depth.  I tried 8 also.  I didn't specify
> the bus address, assuming it would find it automagically.
>
> When I run startx, I get the following at the end of the
> error log.  The entire error log is included at the end
> of this message:

You might want to try letting X auto configure itself by running the
following as root:

  XFree86 -configure

That might help kickstart you on your way to a working X configuration.

--
Jamin W. Collins