Re: Release Pinning Broken? (was Re: testing=sarge be careful with updates!)

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:27:57 -0500
"Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> wrote:

> The archives are currently missing Contents files for the testing branch
> and it's archs.  I'm not positive, but I think this is breaking support
> for pinning to a specific release.  An "apt-get -s -u upgrade" shows
> that apt wants to pull nearly 200 packages all from the unstable branch.

Well, the lack of Contents files does _not_ break pinning.

Turns out the problem was with the order of my "unstable" and "testing"
entries.  Checking of all the packages to be updated indicated that
unstable and testing had the exact same versions.  It appears that if two
releases both have the desired version of a package, the first entry
listed in your sources.list file when you last did and "apt-get update" is
used, regardless of which release it's for.  I've submitted bug #154408 on
this.

--
Jamin W. Collins