Re: xawtv + nvidia driver =crach

<quote who="trewq">
> Hi
>
> I've recently installed debian woody. I have a tv tuner Pixelview play tv
> (bttv module, xawtv application) everything worked fine .But i wanted to
> watch divx movies .. so i found a link to mplayer . There it was said to

i probably can't solve your problem but wanted to note that
I am able to use the nvidia driver on my Geforce 2 MX under Xfree 4.1
and run xawtv on my Hauppauge wintv pci without a problem for hours
on end. I've done at least a hundred hours of video capture using my
wintv while using the nvidia drivers.

I have another, older potato system that has a TNT2 PCI, running
xfree 3.3.6 it has been running xawtv full screen(640x480) 24/7 since
early september 2001, And then I only stopped it because a family
member did something weird. rock solid though, no keyboard or
mouse hooked to it.

try upgrading your bttv drivers? usually the ones in the kernel
are old(if those are the ones your using) try the ones here:
http://bytesex.org/bttv/

those are the drivers i use(i use the version for the 2.2 kernel
though since i don't use the 2.4 kernel yet)

nate