xawtv + nvidia driver =crach

Hi

I've recently installed debian woody. I have a tv tuner Pixelview play tv
(bttv module, xawtv application) everything worked fine .But i wanted to
watch divx movies .. so i found a link to mplayer . There it was said to
install nvidia driver if you have an nvidia chip based card ( i have a
geforce2 mx 400) .So i did .. everything went good, the module got working,
X server with the new driver too. But when i turn on xawtv it crashes my
machine .. it just freezes and i have to pres reset. I've tried to remove
the nvidia driver by doing make clean in the nvidia-kernel-src directory and
removing some lines from modules.conf. ( make clean in NVIDIA_GLX directory
doesn't work ). But then something messed up with /dev/video0 .xawtv can't
find the device or device is busy ... Nvidias mailling list doesn't work ...
Help anynone
kernel 2.4.18,  debian woody, in xfreelog when it start there are no
warnings, only :
(WW) System lacks support for changing MTRRs
My Xconfig file is here : http://balbiesas.united.net.kg/x.txt . Plz help