Re: Gnome login/logout/reboot/shutdown problem

James D Strandboge wrote:
On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 10:24, Johan Ehnberg wrote:

I'd like to use automatic login to gnome, but doing that puts me in a
dead circle as I cannot reboot or shutdown from gnome. Logging out
automatically logs me in again. How can I make the reboot and shutdown
buttons appear in my logout options?
According to gnome help, I need rights to execute /sbin/shutdown, and I
have. At least I can reboot, poweroff and shutdown in a terminal.

You might also try gshutdown.

Jamie Strandboge

gshutdown requires me to be root. Any way to fix that? bits are 755.

--
Johan Ehnberg
johan@ehnberg.net