Re: gphoto2 and Olympus D-490

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:34:58PM -0700, David Wright wrote:
> I am trying to get pictures off an "Olympus D-490 ZOOM", an old 2.1
> megapixel camera. It stores photos on a 32 MB flash card which can be
> inserted into a fish-shaped "USB SmartMedia Reader-Writer".

If you use your "USB SmartMedia Reader-Writer", gphoto2 is useless.

If you are trying to use gphoto2 with your camera plugged in your
computer:
Is your camera a serial one or a usb one ?
If it's a serial one, you can try to specify another one with the
--camera option.

What do you get with :
   gphoto2 --camera "Olympus D-460Z" --port serial:/dev/ttyS0 --list-files
change the --port option to fit your configuration.

If you are not allowed to access the serial port, try as root, if you
succeed, add yourself in the correct group.

Christophe