Re: dist-upgrade...

hi,

Roman Joost wrote on Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 01:09:27PM +0200:
rj> 	but how can i upgrade to testing? Do I have to edit anything else? Are
rj> 	there good tutorials available?

first off testing != sid. testing == sarge. unstable == sid. stable ==
woody.

rj> I looked a little bit on debian.org and searched with google, but i can't find
rj> anything about upgrading from woody to sid.

change all occurences of woody(/stable) to unstable in
/etc/apt/sources.list and do an 'apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade'

You'll be on sid. There would be no messages that would say 'congrats!
you are on sid now!' or somesuch. cat /etc/debian_version to see what
you are on. (-:

  -Suraj