Re: Emacs and mutt

Paul Johnson, 2002-Jul-24 22:01 -0700:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 02:06:06PM +0930, Tom Cook wrote:
> > Using text mode or post mode?  If you want post mode then you need the
> > post-el package.  If you mean you tried editor="emacs-nw -f text-mode"
> > then I am stumped.  It works for me.  If you try this command from the
> > command line, does it start in text mode?
>
> Using text-mode, it doesn't work from mutt.  On the command line, it works.

I just have in my .muttrc

set editor="emacs -nw"

and then I have a .emacs file with

;; Set the starting mode to text and enable fill
(set-variable 'default-major-mode 'text-mode)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

so it always starts in text mode and wraps.

This works perfectly for me.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer