Re: Woody 3.0, bf24 and Promise PDC20267 controller

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:55:36 +0000
Meir Kriheli <meir@mksoft.co.il> wrote:

|Hi,
|
|I'm trying to install Debian 3.0 on a new server. The server has
|normal prim/sec ide's and additional 2 ide's on a PDC20267 (on
|board).
|
|I've connected a cdrom as master on secondary ide (hdc), and 2 hd's
|connected to each promise ide.
|
|When booting from the cd, I'm using bf24 flavor of the kernel. The
|problem is that I can't see the disks connected to the promise
|controller, or the additional ide's for that matter.
|
|examining dmesg I can see that the controller is detected but later
|I see an error like:
|
|neither ide is enabled (BIOS)
|
|Looking at the boards bios setup I can see that the controller is
|enabled.
|
|I've tried passing ide2=_addr_of_controller_as_reported_by_bios and
|ide3 params to the kernel as well as noapic but still no avail.

What boot loader are you using?
What about /etc/fstab?
Have you adjusted both for hde and hdf?
Does your bios have a secondary controller option?
Did you adjust your CMOS if necessary?
Are you sure the kernel is supporting the promise option? I don't
know the BF24 so excuse me if I ask if you're sure it's enabled.

	bill