Re: OT: Flamebait: Text vs HTML email

Ron Johnson wrote:

> Please set your Mozilla "create email" window to wrap at
> column 72.  That also is "standard".  (So that multiple
> replies don't cause line to exceed column 72, I keep my
> lines to 65 columns, but that's just preference...)

The point of limiting original text to 72 columns is that you can have a
few layers of reply text before the original gets pushed out past 80
columns. There's nothing at all objectionable about quoted lines being
longer than 72 columns; it's 80 columns that's the real limit, because
some people still read mail in 80-column console mode (or, as in my
case, an 80-column-wide xterm).

Craig