Re: why is the Gnome desktop environment so slow!!!

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 13:54, Jamin W.Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:29:32 -0700 (PDT) Armenteros Roberto
> <rarmente1@yahoo.com> wrote:
[snip]
> What is it she's looking for:
> - An easy menu to launch her applications from?

The toolbar at the bottom of the screen works for me.  You
can put ~13 icons down there...

> - A graphical file manager?

Do you _really_ need one?  I find Windows Exploder (at work)
very useful, but don't see that same need in Linux.

> - A file manager that's also capable of browsing web pages?

Konqueor *rocks* at being a file manager, but is only a
so-so web browser.  I say: use dedicated products.

Of course, these are all just MHOs

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |