Re: Palm conectivity

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 20:03, Isaac To wrote:

>     john> This is very odd; I've been syncing a Visor for over a year now
>     john> with no problems. At what point in the process do you push the
>     john> button on the cradle?
>
> That the Palm 505 uses completely different protocol than the Visor (even
> though both are USB and they are supported by the same kernel module) might
> explain a little bit about the difficulty.  Last time when I tried, my Palm
> 500 USB works with coldsync, but don't work with pilot-link or gnome-pilot.
> I don't know whether it works with JPilot, but chances are that it doesn't.

Correct. m5xx and Clié syncing don't work with pilot-link 0.9 (and hence
jpilot, evolution, et al, which use pilot-link). Pilot-link 0.10 (in
sid) fixes this problem. Now that both jpilot and gnome-pilot have been
relinked against libpisock5 (pilot-link 0.10.x), I can sync my Clié with
jpilot and with gnome-pilot.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA