Re: Galeon and raised windows

on Tue, Jul 23, 2002, Christian Jaeger (christian.jaeger@sl.ethz.ch) wrote:
> Hello
>
> Recently (a few weeks ago) I've upgraded to galeon 1.2.5-1 and I
> think since then it has started to exhibit a behaviour I really don't
> like: when I bring another window to the foreground while galeon is
> the page has finished loading. (The window will not get the input
> focus though, under WindowMaker at least.)

This seems to be an ongoing Mozilla / gecko bug.  Suggest you check out
Mozilla's bugzilla for related bugs.

> Since I frequently do things like middle-clicking links in advance and
> then return to the old window to continue reading while the new is
> the way.

Try tabbed browsing.  "Open windows in tabs" and "Insert new tab after
current tab".  Even over a slow dialup link, I can browse a page, open
links, and they'll be (usually) loaded by the time I go to look at them.
All without disturbing my current window.  Galeon rocks!

> Is there a way to switch that off?
>
> Christian.
>
> PS. there's still this input focus thing, where you can't use
> keyboard shortcuts when the focus is in the gtk+ part (i.e. url
> window) and not the mozilla part. Does anyone know why this hasn't
> changed yet?

Nope.  Might check the galeon-user list.

> (PS.2, this version crashes quite frequently (under ppc), i.e. when
> it starts a subprocess like xpdf)

Haven't seen that.  Might try running strace on Galeon and filing a bug
report.

Peace.

   Is GNU/Linux the future?  Hell, it's the present:
     http://www.dwheeler.com/oss_fs_why.html