Re: 120GB Hard Disk, Debian and Partition Suggestions - /boot

On 22 Jul 2002, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 12:28, nick lidakis wrote:
>
> > What are the general recommendations for large hard disk and Debian
> > workstations?  Most of my software is installed via apt-get. Does
>
> There are no 'general recommandations'.
>
> Here's what I would do:
>
> swap - 1G
> /home - as much as you need * 2
> / - 15G or something like that

i claim w/ older (p3/p4 class) bios's  ...you will NOT be able to boot if
your /boot/vmlinuz is NOT in a partition space under 8GB or 1024cyl...
	- thus everybody seems to go around creating a small /boot
	as their first partitions

but if /  is 256MB or so ( like it should be for getting into single user
mode ) ... /boot partition is NOT an issue..

maybe the new bios routines gets around the 1024cylinder requirement

c ya
alvin