[OT] Multi-function printer-fax tool for Linux

Hi,

Anybody have success with printing, faxing and maybe even
scanning on a combo printer/fax/copier or even hopefully
printer/fax/copier/scanner?

This would be under Woody and kernel 2.4.18.

My sister needs a computer with send/receive fax support,
but the http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/todo.shtml (that I
found via google) doesn't look promising.

Or should she go "discreet" and do:
- fax/modem
- printer/fax/copier and ignore the fax part
- external scanner
- separate ink jet printer (I've seen good things about
  the Epson C80 wrt Linux.  True?)

Many TIA,
Ron

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |