Re: woody and asus A7A266 + DDR

<quote who="Marcelo Chiapparini">
> Hello,
>
> Did anyone have any problem running woody in a system with an Asus
> A7A266 motherboard, with DDR SDRAM  memory?

I have not tried woody on this board, but I was unable to
get potato installed on an A7A266 with PC133 SDRAM memory.

the filesystems would get curropted almost immediately. it got
to the point where i could:

mke2fs a patition
mount a partition
umount the same partition(without making any changes)
run e2fsck and find TONS of errors

using the same drive/controller(Promise ATA100) on a previous motherboard
had no problems, and once i switched the A7A for a Tyan motherboard
I haven't had that problem since. Same memory too.

the A7A266 has been sitting on my shelf for over a year now. worst
motherboard i've had.  I have a few other ASUS boards that have been
rock solid though.

nate