[no subject]

Hello all,

I am installing a little server with the new debian 3. Because *I need* to
have support for the Highpoint IDE controllers, I am using the bf2.4 boot
floppies.Everything works fine until I need to setup the network. Although I have a
DHCP server set up in my network, the protocol times out (tcpdump on the
DHPC-server shows no packets ever arrive there). After setting the network
parameters manually, I cannot ping other hosts on the network (class C),
but I can ping the interface in the machine (eth0, a 3COM vortex which has
it's device driver loaded and working). ifconfig shows that I get
"overruns" on the received packets, and "errors" on the transmitted
packets. A thorough look on the routing table didn't reveal any mistakes
made by me. Also, both the link led on the ethernet card, as the led on my
hub are on.
Any hints on what's going on??

Thank you,

marc