Re: Palm conectivity

> > I would like to be pointed to information about getting my Palm M505
> > connected to my PC. I have gone through the list of packages and the
> > only ones I can find in Woody require a serial port connection and
> > my Palm has a USB cradle.

> First, modprobe visor. Then, whenever you press the hotsync button,
> USB serial ports will magically appear. The second port is the one you
> use for hotsyncing. If you're using devfs, then the ports will be
> /dev/usb/tts/0 and /dev/usb/tts/1.

OK - its not working, but I can see that we are moving in the right direction. I now have visor in my loaded modules and lsmod shows that it has drawn in "usbserial" and "usbcore"

I put /dev/usb/tts/1 into the "Serial port entry" and tried a backup. Jpilot responded with;

	pi_bind illegal seek
	Check your serial port and settings
	exiting with status -10

I am not quite sure what I have missed, but there is clearly a port problem here. Can anyone hold my hand a little further?

Keith.