Re: apt and crontab.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 07:38:04AM -0400, Deedra Waters wrote:

> I have my apt-get update and apt-get upgrade that runs on crontab once a
> day. I just upgraded from testing to unstable, and the problem I have is
> this.
>
> My upgrade ran last night and tried to upgrade bash and a few other
> things. In the past bash or any program with a config file has always
> upgraded with no problem and has always chosen the default config file,
> but this time, it got to the question of the bash config file and just
> quit. Is there a way to change this so it will just go back to choosing
> the default? I've looked for config files to change this option but I
> can't find them.

You mean like "DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get upgrade --assume-yes"

DEBIAN_FRONTEND is part of debconf, you can set the default to
noninteractive in /etc/debconf.conf (man 5 debconf.conf for details
(part of the debconf-doc package)), but if you then want interactive
control when installing a package, then you would need to set the
DEBIAN_FRONTEND to a more interactive frontend (man 7 debconf for more
details).

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com