apt and crontab.

I have my apt-get update and apt-get upgrade that runs on crontab once a
day. I just upgraded from testing to unstable, and the problem I have is
this.

My upgrade ran last night and tried to upgrade bash and a few other
things. In the past bash or any program with a config file has always
upgraded with no problem and has always chosen the default config file,
but this time, it got to the question of the bash config file and just
quit. Is there a way to change this so it will just go back to choosing
the default? I've looked for config files to change this option but I
can't find them.