Why can't I conect to my internet provider.

Hello.

I’ve just installed Woody (the last beta before the stable release).

I’ve configured a provider with pppconfig, but when I connect to it with pon, it stays connected, but I simply can’t receive any data (I try e.g. opening a browser or making a telnet connection and it just stays stalled).

The provider is functioning correctly in windows, AND when I had Potato, it also connected normally.

What I’m I missing here?

Thank you.