Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 released

* Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 09:18:18AM -0700, Cam Ellison wrote:
> > * Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.dyndns.org) wrote:
> > >
> > > (did you read the rest of this thread?)
> > >
> > > Your call.  Do you want to track testing, or do you want to track woody?
> >
> > So, who else (besides me) forgot to change his/her preferences and got
> > an automatic upgrade to sid? :-)
>
> No-one, since testing is not sid. :)
>
> You might have been upgraded to sarge, but since that's the same as
> woody at least for today ...

I have "unstable" pinned at 500, and "testing" pinned at 800.  I do an
automatic download-only dist-upgrade daily.  Today's was whopper:
800-odd packages upgraded, 290-odd new, and a number of old ones
removed.  I checked one package name (I know, one swallow doth not a
summer make, but it's a reaonable test): slang1.  It's definitely an
unstable version.  If there is no real testing branch, it makes sense
that I should get only unstable.  Maybe it was bad timing?

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
From Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast