Re: Distro usage stats

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 04:13:27AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
| On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 01:17:36AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
|
| > I've consciously never wanted to send mail out except via my
| > email client, so when I try to send out a bug report via
| > reportbug, I get this error in my spool file almost immediately.
|
| Try dpkg-reconfigure exim and watch the options carefully.  I believe
| you're looking for satellite system.

No.  A satellite is a machine on a network with the following
characteristics :
    .   mail is not received locally
    .   an MX on the network receives and delivers mail to all users
    .   user accounts match the MX

If you pick satellite, then you'll have a config that never delivers
locally and which rewrites all addresses mentioning your domain to be
the domain of the MX and forwards them to it.  That is surely not what
you want, unless you know without a doubt that is your situation.  No
"home" user has a satellite system.

-D

--
Emacs is a nice operating system, it lacks a decent editor though

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/