Re: Distro usage stats

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 22:49, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 07:41:58PM -0700, Larry Smith wrote:
> > I saw a recent statistic (ran across it somewhere on
> > the Debian page, or Debian PLanet perhaps) that about
> > 46% of the Debian users are on Potato (including yours
> > truly).
>
> I can't help but to wonder: Couldn't we get weekly updates on this based
> on what popularity-contest sends back?

popularity-contest requires a mail-transport-agent that
can send to the outside world.  What if someone only
uses smtp for transmitting email to the outside world?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment |
|  by men of zeal, well-meaning, but without understanding."      |
|   Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)      |