Re: vimrc for perl programming

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 09:22:08AM +1000, mdevin wrote:

| I am finding it very hard going understanding how the autocmnd stuff
| works.  From what I could figure, it seems as though the autocmnd things
| are based on the file extensions.  Yet I know that vim recognises a perl
| file regardless of what its extension is.  How do you tell vim to do the
| indenting based on the auto recognition?

:help filetype
:help FileType

| Mate! setting up your .vimrc is more complex than writing a whole c,
| perl, or java program yourself.

Well, it depends on whether you want "hello world" or not (in any of
C, Java, perl, or vi(m)-script).

| I was hoping that some of the guru programmers on this list could post
| their vimrc files so I could get some ideas - particularly with
| reference to perl, java, and C/C++ programming.
|
| If anyone has their vimrc set up well for programming, please post some
| suggestions, as I am flailing here.

Ok, but perl doesn't count as programming ;-).

Since my .vimrc is rather long, go to
    http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/dot-vimrc

-D

--
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Rather be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/