Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 released

This one time, at band camp, martin f krafft said:
> also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2002.07.20.0120 +0200]:
> >   stable   = woody
> >   testing  = sarge
> >   unstable = sid
>
> a quick rationale on why woody propagates to stable but sid stayed
> unstable, please? i know we had this issue but i can't find the
> thread...

Sid is the kid who breaks toys - he'll always be unstable.  It's kind of
a testing ground before things move to the release that is _currently_
testing, but will eventually become stable.  It's just that Sid is
always a moving target, whereas testing is on a (sometimes slow) ride to
becoming the next stable.
Hope that's clear enough,
Steve
--
Your boyfriend takes chocolate from strangers.