Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 released

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 12:43:02AM +0100, Carlos Sousa wrote:
> So, if I understand correctly, sources.list lines referring to "stable",
> "testing" and "unstable" won't have to be touched if one means to
> maintain the same distribution approach (following testing, in my case).

Correct.

> The security-related lines are a different matter, though. I have the
> following lines:
>
> deb http://non-US.debian.org/debian-non-US/ stable/non-US main contrib
>    non-free
> deb http://non-US.debian.org/debian-non-US/ woody/non-US main contrib
>    non-free
>
> Can I now delete the second one?

Correct, if you intend to follow woody.

> Also, I suppose the new testing will, as the old one did, have to go
> without a security archive. Is it so?

I don't think we know how that's going to be handled yet. The changes
that had to be made to support woody security updates could in theory be
pressed into service to manage security updates for sarge while it's
testing.

> Could anyone please post what would be a good set of sources.list lines
> for a good security coverage?

  deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

Cheers,