Re: finding status of pppd in demand mode

also sprach Carel Fellinger <carel.fellinger@iae.nl> [2002.07.20.0233 +0200]:
> A bit late, but maybe still of interest:

Always...

> have you considered setting flags, like:
>
>    in /etc/ppp/ip-up:    touch /etc/ppp/on-line
>    in /etc/ppp/ip-down:  rm /etc/ppp/on-line
>
> You could even use this to keep track of state, like provider name.
> I'm considering using this to steer exim to route email to the proper
> smart-mail-server depending on the IPS used for the actual connection.

Please check MSGID [🔎] 20020715230345.GA13852@fishbowl.madduck.net sent on
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 01:03:45 +0200 within this thread.

"it appears that pl/i (and its dialects) is, or will be, the most widely
 used higher level language for systems programming."
                                                          -- j. sammet