Re: finding status of pppd in demand mode

also sprach John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> [2002.07.15.2354 +0200]:
> > i am wondering if you know of a way to query a running on-demand pppd for
> > its link status.
>
> Put something in /etc/ppp/ip{up,down}.d .  I wish I knew of a better way.

trivial, but it does it's job. one would have to patch pppd some day
to do this...

(oh, and UUencoded for all who want to think about bug #149454)

cat << EOF | uudecode
begin 755 /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/uplinksemaphore
M(R$O8FEN+W-H"E)41$E2/2]V87(O<G5N+W!P<&0O"G1E<W0@+60@)%)41$E2
M+R!\?"!M:V1I<B`M+6UO9&4],#<Q,2`D4E1$25(O"F-A<V4@(F!B87-E;F%M
M92`D,&`B(&EN"B`@=7`J*2!T;W5C:"`D4E1$25(O=7`N)%!04%])1D%#13L[
M"B`@9&]W;BHI(')M("UF("125$1)4B]U<"XD4%!07TE&04-%.SL*("`J*2!E
M8VAO(&]H(&IU<W0@=VAA="!S:&]U;&0@:2!D;UP_(#$^)C(@)B8@97AI="`M
),3L["F5S86,*
`
end
EOF
ln -s /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/uplinksemaphore /etc/ppp/ip-down.d/downlinksemaphor

oxymoron: micro$oft works