Re: Interesting Server Issue ***SOLVED***

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 04:19:23PM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> It turned out that the BIOS was configured to suspend the machine after
> a certain amount of inactivity.  Previously I had run kernels with APM
> support, and they overrode the BIOS settings.  But I had just upgraded
> the kernel and left APM support out.  This gave control back to the
> BIOS, which put the machine to sleep.
>
> So you might want to look in to your BIOS settings.  8^)

Nail on the head there.

Yes, APM was enabled in the BIOS. I diabled it, and when checking the
server logs this morning, it had stayed awake all night. :-)

Many thanks to all that suggested this,

Matthew

--

Matthew Sackman
Nottingham

BOFH Excuse Board:
knot in cables caused data stream to become twisted and kinked