libgnomemm-dev messed up in sid?

Hello,

I have libgnomemm-dev 1.2.2-6 installed and there appears to be a
weirdness: The gnomemm plugin to gnome-config omits the
/usr/include/gnome-1.0 directory when doing a 'gnome-config --cflags
gnomemm'. Since this directory seems to be necessary for compiling
Gnome-- programs, this would seem problematic to me.
There are two ways I have coped with that:

- call 'gnome-config --cflags gnome gnomemm' instead
- edit /usr/lib/gnomemmConf.sh by hand to output the extra directory

Can any of you tell me whether there is a right way to approach this
issue, and if so, what it is?

Thanks in advance
--j