Installation Catastrophe on a Netfinity 7000 m10 box! HELP PLEASE!

Greetings,

Having issues with installation as cited in subject above.  The version of the generic aic7xxx driver for the Adaptec scsi device controller is toasting our installation and, of course, not allowing us to partition drives...It goes further, though, and is not allowing us to even mount a floppy once in middle of installation.  Translation--we can't even preload modules from a floppy even if we initially booted from a floppy.  (Confusing!)  Susse is currently installed on the box and was done so without a glich.  The version of the Susse aic7xxx driver is 6.0 and greater.  The potato install of Debian we are using--downloaded this Monday, 7-15, from the latest Debian release site--is using a driver with a version 5.x.  Need help because I love Debian and prefer it to any other distro.  We've had several "experts" make attempts but all have failed.

Thanks in advance,

Tami Thompson

Do You Yahoo!?