Re: Grub or Lilo?

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 03:28:33PM +0100, Emil H wrote:
> I run Woody and have always run Lilo as bootloader.
> I have now heard of Grub.
> What are Grubs advantages/disadvantages over Lilo?

Grub understands a lot of filesystems. You can take a Grub floppy and
use it to boot up a system that it completely messed up -- or even a
system you've never seen before. You can look at files on the
filesystems prior to booting, and figure out what settings to use based
on your searching of the filesystems. Those are the features I've found
most useful.

--
 .~.
 /V\   Lance Simmons