Re: Gnome

* Oki DZ (okidz@pindad.com) [020718 17:47]:
> On 18-07-2002 17:44 Peter Whysall wrote:
> >I'm using the GNOME2 packages from experimental, with a priority 1000
> >pin on experimental.
>
> So how is it? Any faster, any better looking?
> And speaking about the stability of the apps, how are they going?

The new panel lost the option "make buttons flush with panel edge" so I
ran as fast as I could back to 1.4. This was a huge usability bug to me,
so I didn't explore the rest of it at all -- I just immediately
downgraded.

Last I checked in gnome email list archives, the gnome UI team is aware
of the issue but hadn't yet done anything to fix it. It may be better
now than when I tried, but 1.4 is working fine for me, for when I ever
even use gnome in the first place.

good times,
Vineet
--