Re: Gnome

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 06:25, Willy S wrote:
> * Oki DZ (okidz@pindad.com) wrote:
> > Well, I knew that Gnome 2 was not yet ready for prime time on Debian.
> > So, with "any time", what I meant was: It would be allright to use sid's
> > Gnome 2, but where's the .deb? (I believe there was none in www.gnome.org.)
> Yeah you are right, that Gnome 2 is not ready yet. But have you really
> do some searching at www.gnome.org
>
> This is the links inside the gnome.org:
> http://www.gnome.org/start/2.0/
>
> And this is the link for debian, there is a guideline how to download
> it to your comp.
> http://www.hadess.net/idoru.php3

I'm using the GNOME2 packages from experimental, with a priority 1000
pin on experimental.

There is a gnome2 metapackage that should install everything with a
simple "apt-get install gnome2":

peter@polonius:~$ apt-cache show gnome2
Package: gnome2
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 20
Maintainer: Colin Walters <walters@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Source: meta-gnome2
Version: 3
Depends: bug-buddy, gnome-control-center2, libeel2-2, eog2,
gconf-editor, gnome-applets2, gnome-panel2, gnome-session2,
gnome-system-monitor, gnome-terminal, gnome2-user-guide, gnome-utils,
libgail-gnome0, libgnomeprint2-0, libgnomeprintui-0, libgtkhtml2-0,
libgtop2, librsvg2-2, libwnck4, libzvt2, nautilus2, metacity,
scrollkeeper, yelp, gnome-media2, xscreensaver-gnome
Filename: pool/main/m/meta-gnome2/gnome2_3_all.deb
Size: 2730
MD5sum: 54d23f9bbdfc07444d89d14d6c79d0bd
 Installing this package will give you the suite of programs making up
 the GNOME desktop (version 2).  This package is a "metapackage";
 meaning it contains no programs; instead, it just Depends on other
 packages.
 .
 This package does not contain dependencies on games, office, or
 development packages.

Hope this helps

Peter.

--