Trying to get my CD-RW to work.

Hello all,

Another day, another query:

I'm trying to get my 'old' Philips CDD 3610 (re)writer to work with my
Debian-system, and for some reason or another, cdrecord doesn't list it
when i use the -scanbus option. I've tried re-compiling my kernel with all
the suggested settings on (SCSI emulation for IDE, SCSI CD drive and
Generic SCSI support) but to no avail. The README says it has to say
something like 'SCSI-emulation enabled' when it recognises the drive, but
no such luck.

Anyone have a clue for me?

Alex.

--