Re: Need Reasons for switching to Debian from Redhat

Is the initial installation the key reason in choosing Linux
distribution? If it really is, I suggest you choose Mandrake or Redhat,
but you may not get a moderate quality assurance, since commercial
distributions from time to time release their product under the market
pressure and competition. If you are satisfied with foo Linux 7.1 but
you may be afraid the upcoming foo 7.2 will not stick to the quality
assurance in the last version.  However, in Debian GNU/Linux, you don't
have to worry about the quality.

Most people get frustrated at the initial Debian installation and decide
to switch to other distributions with fancy installer at this point. I
think it's not really wise.  Installation is just the beginning, even it
will take me 3 days yet give me a complete reliability and hands-off
administration, I still think it's worth trying.

Patrick Hsieh <pahud@pahud.net>