Re: X freezes!

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:50:51 -0300 Marcelo Chiapparini <chiappa@uerj.br>
wrote:

> If you are right, and a GL program is crashing my machine I need to
> identificate this program. I have no suspects!

I am pretty convinced that's the reason in my case, but can't be 100%
sure. Could be just your X config file. I remember problems like this
one coming up on this list, check the archives.

1) try running glxgears (in package xbase-clients), drag the window
around, leave it running a bit. Does X crash? Another good test would be
tkxplanet (in package xplanet), show a rotating animation of earth.

2) try not running any screensavers for a few days and see if you can
have a stable machine for longer than you can now.

3) try looking in the documentation of any graphical programs that you
usually run, to check if it uses GL

4) get *real* help :P

--
Carlos Sousa